Thursday, June 30, 2011

160 Hall St.

In conjunction with my moving process, I'm reading "Just Kids" by Patti Smith. It's probably one of the best books I have ever read, or am reading. Since there's plenty of press coverage summarizing the book and what it's about, I won't do it here. However, I will provide the fact that her and Robert Mapplethorp's first apartment together is just a short walk from Mr. Z's and my new place (what a coincidence!).  So, I took a little bike ride to 160 Hall St., Brooklyn to see their old digs to take in the brilliant history they made together as life partners, best friends, and artistic muses.  The building did not disappoint me, as it's a beautiful brick walk-up that looks almost Gothic. I think she said that they lived on the top floor...


I'd like to make this post a homage to Patti Smith for... just being, Patti.




No comments:

Post a Comment