Tuesday, November 22, 2011

PENN-manship

A few weeks ago I watched old movies like I was in a marathon of watching old movies.  Sometimes I just get in one of those moods, you know? Lying around like a lump with the radiator whistling in the background, munching on a bunch of snacks under a blanket - kind of mood.  There's a scene in the Seven Year Itch, where the characters are inside the OLD Penn Station.  My heart ached at the fact that we can no longer see this station as it was anymore.  Seriously aches.

This Thanksgiving weekend Mr. Z and I are taking a train ride to Philadelphia to visit my uncle(s).  There's something romantically nostalgic about getting on a train to get out of the city.  Back in Denver (or Chicago) I hardly used the train at all, but on the East Coast trains are definitely a way of getting around.

I'll be going to the new {but not improved} Penn Station to take the train to Philadelphia, wishing that I was alive to see the old Penn Station.  At least I can look at these photos.  Photos via New York Public Library.


No comments:

Post a Comment