Saturday, September 25, 2010

Reconstructed Fisherman's Pants

I hardly enter contests, but this one I couldn't resist!  I really need a new serger, as mine is about 13 years old... eek, I can't believe I am saying that.  A friend of mine forwarded me the details for Burda Style's Project Runway ReMake Challenge.  I really want the top prize, but the second place prize isn't too shabby either.  Also, the timing was perfect because I have been altering/reconstructing some of my clothes lately.

I got this linen skirt/dress at a second hand store in Chicago a long time ago.  At first I loved its versatility, but it became annoying to wear.  I've been really wanting a pair of fisherman's pants and thought this skirt/dress would make a great pair.






No dying photos...  It was way to messy to handle a camera.





Oh, I hope I win!

1 comment:

  1. Never in a million years would I have thought those pants came from that dress. The colour you dyed it is GORGEOUS and the pants look so comfortable. I own a pair of fisherman pants, but I like your take on them better because they look great but also look like they would be easy to wear.

    ReplyDelete